growing strong's mission is to provide counseling, therapy and support
to victims of sexual assault (ages 4 & up) and their
significant others. our primary goal is to help
you recover from your experience.
1. call the growing strong 24-hour help line (217-428-0770) for immediate information, resources, crisis intervention, and support. victims and their family and friends are urged to call.
2. call the police, or go directly to the hospital.
3. preserve the evidence by:
4. try to recall details of the event and of the attacker's appearance, height, clothes, words, etc.
5. rely on growing strong for counseling, legal and medical advocacy, and support.
no one asks to be sexually assualted. the victim is never at fault.